CONGRATULATIONS LAURIE G.
The word "tumbleweed" is a dry, free-roaming name for the plant Russian Thistle.
What ranch is featured in Give me a Cowboy, The Troubled Texan, and The Tycoon and the Texan?
FUN FACT: This ranch will also be a part of my upcoming release Out of a Texas Night!!
The first correct answer receives your choice of my ebooks The Tycoon and the Texan and The Troubled Texan sent directly to your Kindle or tablet via Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
Be looking soon for another opportunity to participate online.
Besides my critique partners, I only have one other person who works with me and that's Miss Kitty, Chili.
She's learning to be a writer
She keeps a close watch over my expenses and makes sure all of my bills have been paid
She even makes sure that I keep my rear in my chair
Here are a few of my favorite writers - readers, you might enjoy some of these, also.
- Charlotte Dillon - "helping writers write for over a decade".
- DeWanna Pace - one of my co-authors on Give Me A Texan, Give Me A Cowboy, Give Me A Ranger, Give Me A Texas Outlaw, A Texas Christmas, & Be My Texas Valentine anthologies
- Harvey Stanbrough - editor, poet, writer.
- Janet K. Brown-Writing God's Message of Hope
- Jodi Thomas - one of my co-authors on the Give Me A Texan, Give Me a Cowboy, Give Me A Texas Ranger, Give Me A Texas Outlaw, A Texas Christmas, & Be My Texas Valentine anthologies
- Linda Broday - another of my co-authors on Give Me A Texan, Give Me A Cowboy, Give Me A Texas Ranger, Give Me A Texas Outlaw, A Texas Christmas, & Be My Texas Valentine anthologies and Hearts and Spurs Short Story Collection
- Natalie Bright - award-winning children's author and docent for Panhandle Plains Historical Museum
- Petticoats and Pistols - a shared blog by some of my favorite authors
Publishers and Writing Associations
- Doubleday Book Club - escape the everyday with a great book
- Kensington - my publisher.
- Oklahoma Writer's Federation, Inc. - a multi-genre writers organization.
- Panhandle Professional Writers - the oldest continual writing organization in the United States founded April 20, 1920, providing resources & networking for professional and aspiring writers.
- Prairie Rose Publications - a publishing company devoted to publishing westerns and western romances written by women.
- Rhapsody Book Club - romances! A book club members can purchase Give Me A Texan, Give Me A Cowboy, Give Me a Texas Ranger, Give me an Outlaw, A Texas Christmas, and Be My Texas Valentine
- RWA - "Romance Writers of America" is dedicated to advancing the professional interests of career-focused romance writers through networking and advocacy."
- Texas Tech University Press
- Western Fictioneers- An organization of professional authors of western novels and short stories
- Ambassador Hotel in Amarillo
- The Big Texan Steak Ranch - Home of the free 72 oz. steak
- Relay for Life - every effort counts
- Books and Crannies - located in an old movie theatre in the historic downtown of Terrell, Texas, this place is a must for any book junkie.
- Buffalo Bookstore - "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty."
- Cactus Book Shop - "Or just come on by--I think you'll be glad you did."
- Cornette Library, West Texas A&M University - where would writers be without libraries?
- Covey Trailer Awards - award winning trailers (including Give Me A Texan)
- Famous Love Stories Around the World- Sent to me by the students of Valley Charter School in Northern California.
- Fresh Fiction - ...for today's reader
- Goodreads-Goodreads' mission is to help people find and share books they love. Along the way, we plan to improve the process of reading and learning throughout the world.
- Googlefight.com - have you ever wondered which spelling or word is more common........try it!
- Love Western Romances - The best place to find the latest western romances
- Nathan Kamp Book Covers - lots of folks are asking about the model for Give Me A Texan & Give Me A Cowboy!
- Night Owl Reviews -a must review site!
- Romance Junkies “A fun place for both voracious readers and authors to come together to discuss their favorite books and authors.”
- The Romance Reviews - Our reviews are honest and frank and represent our unvarnished opinion of the book.
- True Cowboy Magazine - an all around great magazine and resource.